I wanted a preschool activity bag that focused on size discrimination and pre-measuring skills, so this is the result of my brainstorm session!
1. Print the file and cut the six pieces out (laminate, if desired).
2. Cut 6-8 pieces of string (or whatever material you are using) 7 inches long.
3. Cut 6-8 pieces 5 inches long.
4. Cut 6-8 pieces 3 inches long.
5. Place everything in your Ziploc bag and attach label with packing tape.
To use this activity–
Show your student how to measure each item.
Once he determines how long it is (as long as the shark, dog, or caterpillar), he then should set the piece on the corresponding mat. He should continue measuring and sorting until all the pieces are on the mats. Have fun!