Stay calm. Don’t panic. You can create a homeschool transcript, and it can be quick, easy, and painless process.
What Is a Transcript?
A transcript is typically a one page academic summary of your student’s high school accomplishments.
Colleges look at transcripts to confirm that your student has completed the admissions requirements.
What Is Included on a Transcript?
I’ve researched my eyeballs out, and I’ve concluded what is essential information for the transcript. However, you should check the requirements of the college your student is applying to before submitting your homeschool transcript. You can usually find this information on the college’s website (check the “admissions requirements” page).
Necessary Transcript Information
Include these bits of information on your student’s transcript:
- the words “Official Transcript”
- Student Information (name, birth date, address, parent’s names, gender)
- School Information (name, address)
- Names of Classes (be specific and descriptive, but not ridiculous)
- Grades earned for each class
- Credits earned for each class
- Projected Graduation Date (or actual graduation date)
- Current GPA (use this GPA Calculator to get the job done quickly!)
- Principal’s Signature and Date
Optional Transcript Information
Additionally, here are a few pieces of optional information to include on the transcript.
- Course Completion Dates
- Grading Scale
- National Test Scores
- Brief Activity List
- Social Security Number
How to Make a Transcript
Are you ready for four super simple steps to creating a high school transcript?
- Keep records.
- Fill in a template. (You can use the one I’ve provided below.)
- Sign and date.
Done. I told you it was quick, easy, and painless!
Free Homeschool Transcript Template
I searched through heaps of free templates, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for, so I created my own. My goal was a streamlined presentation of information. I wanted simple.
You can download one of my free templates below:
- Transcript Template Sample
- Transcript Template without grid lines
The table is hidden because I did not like the cluttered look of the lines. However, it’s easy to maneuver if you use the tab key.
- Transcript Template with grid lines
Six More Free Homeschool Transcript Templates
If you don’t like the look of my transcript template, no problem. I get it. I’m picky, too.
Here are a few more you can choose from in order to find the one that suits you best.
- Regent University’s Homeschool Transcript (in Excel; it does the math for you!)
- Homeschool Transcript by Subject (this was my go-to before I made my own)
- Let’s Homeschool High School Transcript Template
- Pros and Cons of Homeschooling Homeschool Transcript Template
- How to Homeschool Today’s Transcript Creator
- Covenant College’s Homeschool Transcript Template
I hope you feel confident about making a transcript. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a comment.