Stay calm. Don’t panic. You can homeschool high school, and you can create a homeschool transcript; it can be quick, easy, and painless process.
What Is a Transcript?
A transcript is typically a one page academic summary of your student’s high school accomplishments.
Why Do Homeschool Students Need a Transcript?
Colleges look at transcripts to confirm that your student has completed the admissions requirements.
It is usually required for dual enrollment programs as well as traditional college experiences.
What Is Included on a Homeschool Transcript?
I’ve researched my eyeballs out, and I’ve concluded what is essential information for the transcript.
However, you should check the requirements of the college your student is applying to before submitting your transcript. You can usually find this information on the college’s website (check the “admissions requirements” page).
Necessary Transcript Information
Include these bits of information on your student’s transcript:
- the words “Official Transcript”
- Student Information (name, birth date, address, parent’s names, gender)
- School Information (name, address)
- Names of Classes (be specific and descriptive, but not ridiculous)
- Grades earned for each class
- Credits earned for each class
- Projected Graduation Date (or actual graduation date)
- Current GPA (use this GPA Calculator to get the job done quickly!)
- Principal’s Signature and Date
Optional Transcript Information
Additionally, here are a few pieces of optional information to include on the transcript.
- Course Completion Dates
- Grading Scale
- National Test Scores
- Brief Activity List
- Social Security Number
If you are a visual person and need to see more examples, this post on Homeschool Transcript Examples will provide you with more information.
How to Make a Homeschool Transcript
Are you ready for four super simple steps to creating a high school transcript?
- Keep records.
- Fill in a template. (You can use the one I’ve provided below.)
- Sign and date.
Done. I told you it was quick, easy, and painless!
Free Homeschool Transcript Templates
I searched through heaps of free templates, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for, so I created my own. My goal was a streamlined presentation of information. I wanted simple, clean, and professional.
You can download one of my free templates by subscribing to the blog using the form below.
The download will be emailed to you, and it includes these three transcript templates:
- Transcript Template Organized by Subject without grid lines
- Transcript Template Organized by Subject with grid lines
- Transcript Template Organized by Year
More Free Homeschool Transcript Templates
If you don’t like the look of my transcript templates, no problem. I get it. I’m picky, too.
Here are a few more you can choose from in order to find the one that suits you best.
- Regent University’s Homeschool Transcript (in Excel; it does the math for you!)
- Homeschool Transcript by Subject (this was my go-to before I made my own)
- Pros and Cons of Homeschooling Homeschool Transcript Template
- How to Homeschool Today’s Transcript Creator
- Covenant College’s Homeschool Transcript Template
I hope you feel confident about making a transcript.
If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a comment.